Kayli's eyes

Kayli's eyes

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Counting Down the Days

Six more days on the calendar.  Six more days to prepare.  Six more days.  The waves of emotions are unlike anything I've experienced before.  Absolute sheer joy.  A depth of joy welling up in me and spilling over into a huge smile, tears, and at times, even out loud laughter!  In the middle of the grocery store, folding the laundry, driving in the car- the joy spills over.  And then the fear.  All the uncertainties: how will she be, what the first few weeks will be like with her, caring for her and her cleft palate, if I will forget or mess up any documents I'm taking with us that would hinder our ability to bring her home!  Oh the fear.  Then I am reminded of God's comforing words, "perfect love cast out fear" 1 John 4:18.  Only God is perfect love.  Only God can comfort me and bring peace.  And then, there is joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment